- Real-time call translation
- Automatic language identification
- Automatic speech interpretation
- Ability to monitor international calls live in progress
- Option to summon human interpreters or OPI (over the phone interpreters)
- Synthesized voice that caller hears can be agent’s own AI voice
- Accuracy skyrockets with custom dictionaries for speech recognition, translation, and text-to-speech
- Translation features available nowhere else
- FCC, GDPR, HIPAA, ADA, FERPA, COPPA and Bill C-51 (Canada’s Accessibility Act) compliant
The functionality translates phone calls live as they happen. When the customer speaks, GAIA RTC assesses the language being spoken by the customer, then translates in real-time for the agent as both text and synthesized voice.
The functionality translates phone calls live as they happen. When the customer speaks, GAIA RTC assesses the language being spoken by the customer, then translates in real-time for the agent as both text and synthesized voice. When the agent’s spoken words are translated into the caller’s tongue, the caller may even hear the Agent’s own personal “AI Voice” in the translation language.
To provide this voice translation, GAIA RTC combines state-of-the-art Neural and AI Automated Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Neural Machine Translation (NMT) and Neural and AI Automated Voices to create real-time voice translation. Over 100 existing language translation databases provide near Speech to Text (transcription), Text To Text translation (chat and subtitles), Text To Speech (voice). These engines work in unison to deliver results in approximately in 55 languages as voice and 103 languages as text – all in 1 second or less.
911 and Emergency Medical Calls
Accepting inbound medical and 911 calls in other languages becomes “normal” through GAIA RTC’s real-time multi-language emergency calling. Whether texting or voice calling, international persons and those with hearing and visual disabilities can communicate with operators regardless of language. Optionally, a 911 app may be downloaded by the user in which vital information needed by any 911 operators and hospitals can be stored such as language, name, address, persons to contact in emergency, allergies, and more.